VeloAngle Enthusiast provides a lower price point by substituting the VeloAngle Pro’s integrated inclinometer with a level app on the user’s own smartphone. A specific app has been tested and recommended with all installation and calibration instructions made available. All other components and capabilities are identical to VeloAngle Pro.
Take advantage of the limited time offer to bundle a 6 month VeloAngle App license at a great discount. License credentials will be forwarded by email.
VELOANGLE APP - PERSONAL : While an unlimited number of sessions can be run or printed, a limit of 6 can be saved.
VELOANGLE APP - UNLIMITED : An unlimited number of sessions can be run, printed and saved.
- Saddle Adapter assembly
- Handlebar Adapter Assembly
- BB/Crank Centers (small and large)
- Engineered reusable packaging with organizer
- VeloAngle measurement range: 648 – 1158 mm, resolution 1 mm
- Saddle adapter measurement range: 100 – 300 mm, resolution 1 mm
- Main Body: 5052 H32 Aluminum, brushed and clear anodized
- Molded Housings: PC/ABS engineering thermoplastic and engineered thermoplastic elastomer for high impact resistance and molding accuracy
- Molded Bushing and Shim: Acetal Copolymer for high creep resistance and low friction
- Guide Tubes: 304 stainless steel tubing centerless ground to eliminate clearance with mating housings and ensure accurate measurements.
- Measuring Scales: Both main and saddle adapter scales are laminated with a 3mm Lexan overlay for the ultimate in wear resistance.
Arch Design Works, LLC proudly offers all VeloAngle tools and accessories with a lifetime warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Details can be found in the footer link.
It would be impractical to attempt accurate alignment of the user's smartphone to the tool's reference points. Fortunately it is also unnecessary, as the recommended app, as well as others, have an "Alt Zero" function that applies a user-defined level plane. In this application that plane is the surface the wheels contact, or the quick releases if the bike is in a stand or otherwise not on the ground
The app we use most frequently is Multi Clinometer by Climatics, available from the Google Play store. A popular IOS app is Clinometer + bubble level at the App Store.
App calibration instructions can be found on this site in ""News & Tips / Downloads" with a comprehensive instruction video found in "News & Tips / Usage Tips"
While having an inherently accurate device is important, in many applications the accuracy and repeatability of how the device is used creates the majority of measurement uncertainty. For example, the most accurate scale in world won’t produce repeatable saddle to bottom bracket measurement when the placement of each end of the scale is dependent on the user’s judgement. VeloAngle solves this problem with unique adapters that find the bottom bracket and handlebar centers and allows the user to select and repeatedly find the spot on the saddle surface they want base their measurements.
The genesis for developing VeloAngle was the belief that both cycling enthusiasts and those in the industry would respond positively to a device that had a better combination price, accuracy and convenience. We were particularly focused on convenience, as we know how much it influences purchasing decisions. It has sold over 30 billion K cups, despite the user often paying $40/lb for the coffee contained in them. While VeloAngle is not as convenient as pulling out a tape measure, every effort has been made to minimize the convenience penalty associated with its accuracy. Some examples: